Friday, June 22, 2012

I'm Back!

I just graduated from high school a few weeks ago, and I've been super busy. I've been all over the place, from the Catskills, to the beach and a whole bunch of places in between.  It's been quite a while since I've put a new post up, so I figured I'd try to get back into the swing of things.  So on that note...

The Catskills:
This year, I had made it a goal to spend as much time on the Delaware River System as possible, and I did.  For a three week period, I was driving up twice a week for a day or two at a time, and even though it was tiring, expensive, and frustrating, I had an absolute blast.  Unfortunately, the last time I was up there about two weeks ago, I was dumb and took a solid wader shot trying to cross some heavy riffles.  Of course, me being the idiot I am, I had my phone in my pocket.  Needless to say, my phone was ruined and I lost a ton of pictures from all my trips since the end of May.  (ALWAYS backup.  Idiot.)  Anyway, I got a new phone and a sick waterproof case, so we will not be having this issue again.  When I was up there, I caught some good fish, fished with some good people and explored a lot of new water, so it was all most definitely worth it for me.

The "In-Between":
I fished in the Poconos and Lehigh valley a few times in that period as well, and that was also a ton of fun.  Many of the creeks were starting to get low and hatches were winding down, but I managed to catch fish on every trip, so I can't really complain.  I fished with a few good friends and two of my former high school teachers on some of those trips and a great time was had by all.  I also went hiking with a few of my buddies in the Poconos and got some really cool pictures, but the West Branch spill killed them as well.  (Idiot yet again.)

The Beach:
I've been living at my beach house for the last two or so weeks, and again, I've been having lots of fun. I only fished twice while down there, but I managed to get into some solid action in the inlets and sod bank marshes later at night.  One evening while driving to meet some friends, I saw a group of birds working a small blitz in the back bay along the road.  I immediately pulled over, grabbed a rod and caught a bunch of little bluefish that were busting on silversides in a little cover area.  Talk about a blast on a 5 weight.

So there you have it... A quick recap of the past month for me.  Hope my little story didn't bore you guys, but I'm home again, so look for some new posts coming up.  I will be out doing some bass fishing, maybe a little striper fishing at the beach and a whole lot of scouting for archery season, so keep an eye out for some cool pictures and stories in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment