Saturday, March 3, 2012

Small Stream Love

After a rough morning, I decided I needed to relax.  I headed out to my favorite local creek for a little stress relief.  Upon arriving, I found twelve million dudes in the area I intended to fish, so I had to get creative.  I headed to a spot I hadn't fished in months and it paid off.  I had the stretch of creek to myself and fish rising to small olives and midges.  After a few drifts with no love shown, I made a quick pattern change and it was go time.  I managed to land quite a few decent fish with my last being one of, if not my largest fish ever from this creek.  A long leader, light tippet and small flies were the keys to success today.  I only had my iPhone with me, so pictures are far from perfect.  Enjoy.



First of the afternoon



One of my best fish ever from this creek.  That is a Brodin Gallatin net and that fish is over 14 inches long, a really good fish in this creek. 

All fish came on size 20-24 CDC olive emergers.

No comments:

Post a Comment