Thursday, July 5, 2012

Floatin' in Style

After years and years of dreaming about it, I finally purchased my first boat!  Well, maybe it's not quite a "boat," but it's still one of the coolest things I've ever bought before.  For a long time I thought about getting a canoe or a kayak, but then I wanted a one man pontoon boat that I could use to float down my favorite trout and smallmouth rivers.  A few days ago, however, through some magical twist of fate, I was given the opportunity to pick up a two man pontoon boat for a killer price, so I jumped on it.  It's an Outcast PAC 1200 inflatable pontoon boat that will be absolutely perfect for floating the Lehigh, Schuylkill, Delaware and Juniata rivers along with quite a few other rivers and even some ponds and lakes too.  I'm super excited about it and I can't wait to pick it up when I get home from the beach on Saturday morning.  I'm planning on heading straight to the water on Saturday afternoon for her maiden voyage (well at least with me behind the oars!) so stay tuned for some cool smallmouth (or maybe if I'm super, crazy, and unbelievably lucky even a musky) picture or two and a full report of how the first trip goes. Thanks again Steve!


I'll be floating in style in less than 48 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment