Sunday, April 8, 2012

Well That Didn't Work

Well I had planned quite a few trips over the last few days, but for one reason or another they either fell through or the fishing sucked.  For instance, I drove to the Lehigh Valley and floated the Lehigh River with my buddy Tom on his boat.  There were bugs, there were some rising fish and there were unbelievably powerful winds that totally jacked us up.  I missed one fish on a BWO emerger because the wind put so much slack in my line that I just couldn't get tight.  It got really cold on the water and overall the fishing sucked.  Then I was supposed to head to State College with my friend Shane, but life got in the way and I had to do some stuff around here.  Of course, they dominated fish and had a blast.  Crap.  So me, I've just been fishing Valley almost everyday and having a good time doing it.  I've been catching a lot of fish over there.  Just gotta be willing to walk and get away from other anglers.  I haven't been taking any fish pictures since I figured you guys are getting bored of seeing the "Valley brown in my hand" picture over and over.  I am, however, going to the Catskills tomorrow in search of hatching bugs and rising fish, so hopefully I'll have some more pictures like the one below to post.  I just hope the predicted 20-30 mph winds die down at least a little bit.  Two trips in one week ruined by wind would really make me mad, but I'm gonna stay positive about all this... for now. 

West Branch Beauty 

No comments:

Post a Comment